Advanced Practice Clinicians can:
- Obtain medical histories and perform physical examinations
- Diagnose and treat acute health problems
- Prescribe medications and other treatments
- Assist physicians during interventional and surgical procedures
- Promote positive health behaviors and self-care skills through education and counseling
- Collaborate with physicians and other health professionals as needed
The Advanced Practice Clinicians at the Nebraska Heart Institute work with the physicians to provide extensive education, preventative care, treatment and follow-up for patient care. Taking care of the whole patient is the goal of the Nebraska Heart Institute.